Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Wait, What?

It seems that I have these moments frequently this semester, moments where I find myself going, Wait, what??!

Example:

Test question we're going over in class:

When should you wash your hands during the course of a massage session?
a) Before you give a massage
b) After you give a massage
c) Before and after you give a massage
d) When your hands are visibly soiled

ME: Ummm, well, I'm guessing the answer is c), but shouldn't it be ALL of them?

INSTRUCTOR: Ummmmmmm... Yes. The answer is c).

ME: Well, wouldn't it be d) as well?

INSTRUCTOR: Ummm. Well... I mean... If my hands were visibly soiled, well, I'd kinda just know that they're visibly soiled, you know?

ME: ?

INSTRUCTOR: Ok. On to question 32.

Later during a smoke break...

ME: Apparently it's not important to wash our hands if they're visibly soiled.

C (my classmate): So if someone shits on your massage table in the middle of your massage session, you're pretty much fucked, since it's not "before" and not "after" the massage. Ha ha ha.

ME: Apparently so. [laughing]