Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm Trying SO Hard, I Swear to God

I'm doing my best to be positive this semester, despite having much fuel to ignite my negativity:

a) Last week I called the school to find out what time my seminar started this past Friday, spoke to THE MAN WHO DOES THE SCHEDULING, had him tell me a different time than what the desk told me, which I in turn remarked upon, to which he in turn went to look and doublecheck, to which he in turn returned with the following usefulness: "Yeah, it probably IS 6:30 like you said. But maybe just show up at 6:15 or so, just in case it's at 6." Awesome.

b) We're still without Bane of My Existence. *Another tear for that*

c) This past week I was forced to attend a weekend-long seminar despite being contagiously sick because, if I didn't attend, I would have to retake and repay for the whole goddamn seminar, and

c) I have Crazy Anatomy Instructor again this semester, though this time for pathophys.

I'd actually been ok with the final of these four items since she seems to flourish in a phys class rather than an anatomy, actually revealing how well she knows her shit (and actually being able to develop the ideas without reading word from word from the book).

But then yesterday stumbled into my lap. We're in the third week, and we're STILL getting through the tail-end of the first week's items on the syllabus (in other words, we're two weeks behind). Instead of just 'fessing up to the fact that she is like monkey-child crazy when it comes to time management, she blamed it on the material. Her remedy: teaching us from the test. "We got through cancer pretty in depth. But since we won't have gotten through everything else on the syllabus in time for the test, what I'll do is jump around briefly from topic to topic and teach from the test, and then if we have time, we'll go back and get more in depth with some of the stuff we've already gone over."

And then, to cap it off, her dry-erase marker ran out, so she took to drawing the rest of her diagrams explaining the metastasizing of cancer on a ratty piece of notebook paper that I'd ripped out of my notebook.

I give the school MAYBE two more years. And that's being EXTREMELY generous.