Friday, March 14, 2008

Hatches Battened--Wish Me Luck

I am battening down the hatches this weekend to study.

I have picked up the following items

  • Makings for a vegan "sausage" pizza for this evening;

  • A piece of Wake Me Up cake from Nature's Bin to be eaten as a reward for my studying either tonight or tomorrow night;

  • Ingredients to make whiskey fudge when I'm feeling about ready to crack and need an excuse to take a break
and I plan to recluse myself into my apartment all weekend, except a) possibly to take a break and get a quick drink tonight with P & L, and b) to go study at the coffee shop on Sunday so I don't get cabin fever.

Every time I think of midterms on Monday, I feel all scared inside, like the kind of scared I feel when Freddy Krueger suddenly sticks his big phallic tongue out of my phone receiver at me. Which happens more often than I'd like.

I am gonna be a NERVOUS FUCKING WRECK the last few weeks before finals. I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around how much info we're gonna be blowing through these next 6 or 7 weeks, and how I can possibly get my brain to REMEMBER it all. Especially those muscles. Those godforsaken evil muscles.

Things I need to hardcore focus on right now:

The different sympathetic and postsympathetic ganglia and what they innervate.

The joints (I cannot for the life of me remember the different types because many of them sound so similar: syndesmosis, synchondrosis, etc.).

The ligaments.

The cellular crap that just REFUSES to stick in my brain.

Next Monday, after 4 pm: Sweet sweet relief. Hopefully much CELEBRATORY boozing (and not drink-the-pain-away-type boozing). And then Tuesday, Mike Doughty to soothe my overly-stimulated brain.

I think maybe I should also set up specifically-designated 30-minute chunks of time for a few folks to come over this weekend and makeout with me a bit, just for relaxation purposes. A relaxed brain makes for better studying.

Volunteers, please leave a comment below.

Thank you, and good day. I SAID GOOD DAY!