Thursday, March 13, 2008

Midterms-ho!

I seriously have been studying so hard and so much lately that I think I'm running out of room in my brain for anything not A&P-related. When I'm at home, I can't even make it into the other room without forgetting what I was going there for. Everything that doesn't have to do with muscles, bones, or physiological processes is getting thrown out by the bouncer. In a lot of ways, this is a good thing, since I have midterms on Monday (*stomach fluttering in horror*). But I've unfortunately been a bit exhausted lately because of it. Which terrifies me because we have probably TWICE as much information still to come. Not to mention *shuddering* those fucking muscles.

I *AM* retaining though, at least some of it. Proof positive: While walking in the snow on Saturday, I almost slipped on ice, jerking my one leg out to steady myself and an arm on the opposite side to even out my balance, and as I was doing so, my brain shouted, CROSSED-EXTENSOR REFLEX! Swear to god. Thankfully it let my reflex-arcs arc the fuck out of my body before doing so, otherwise I would've been sprawled out and wet in the snow while shouting CROSSED-EXTENSOR REFLEX in my head, but nonetheless: I was like, You go, little brain, you!